Ambler Food Co-op Board of Directors
The first Ambler Food Co-op Board of Directors were installed in December 2013. The Directors are responsible for overseeing the organization and directing committees through the tasks and goals of the co-op.
Kathleen Casey – President
Estelle Dolan – Vice President
Richard Gross – Treasurer
Joan Patton – Secretary
Anita Behrman – Director
Carly Chelder – Director
Bernadette Dougherty – Director
Jacquis Duris – Director
Cathie Healey – Director
Ambler Food Co-op Committees
Since January 25, 2012 community members have come together and organized to form committees that meet regularly, plan and oversee the co-op’s activities. In addition to the officers, there are several dozen other folks who are members of these committees and are offering their time and talents to the Ambler Food Co-op project. To learn more about joining a committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Committee – Cathie Healey, Chair
- Maintains database of contacts and members
- Works with Finance committee to accept and track membership equity payments.
- Works with the Board on overall membership organizing plans and their implementation.
Outreach and Volunteer Committee – Carly Chelder, Chair
- Finds events where Ambler Food Co-op can participate and get exposure in the local community.
- Coordinates with local organizations and businesses to gain exposure.
- Oversees set-up at tabling events and ensures volunteers are lined up to help.
- Sets up and monitors volunteer activities.
Finance/Legal Committee – Mike Crusi, Chair
- Oversees the finances of the organization
- Researches and advises the Board on legal matters pertaining to the organization
Communications Committee - Anita Behrman, Chair
Responsible for all communications including print materials, press releases, articles, website updates, and internet posts.
Real Estate Committee – Bernadette Dougherty and Jacquie Duris, Chairs
- Research the market of leased and for sale properties
- Field inquiries relating to real estate
Grant Committee – Carly Chelder and Kathleen Casey, Chairs
Seeks out and applies for grants for the organization
Business Outreach – Bernadette Dougherty, Chair
Inform local business owners about AFC and ask for their support
Seek member discounts as appropriate
Strategic Planning – Mike Crusi, Richard Gross, Joan Patton, Kathleen Casey
- Plans the major milestones that AFC needs to reach before the store’s opening
- Constructs timelines for reaching each of these milestones.